Tuesday, October 23, 2012

From KCWC:

ayashe blouse
This is the Ayeshe top that I made Elka. I love how it turned out, especially how it feels, but I must say that I didn't really enjoy making it. It was the second one I made because Elka is small and I've been stung by sizing charts in the past, so I sewed one up using cheap, scrap fabric, and so I was just a little over it by the time I was basting and top stitching this tiny little top. It was fiddly, and top-stitching isn't really my thing! I also had to unpick something- I can't even remember what it was, but I remember the process- unpicking double gauze fabric is not fun. But it wasn't complicated, I think if I'd had made it in a size 5, and the arm holes had fit around the arm of my sewing machine, I wouldn't have been soooo over it. And there was a nice moment when I was pressing the collar and Joe walked in and told me it was so cute, and he loved it, and that really made me feel good about the whole thing again. I will have to sew some elastic inside to stop the neck hole from gaping open though, it is a little low, and that somehow seems inappropriate on a 20 month old!

apron dress
And this is the Apron Dress that I made from an Ottobre pattern. And it felt good, it is so simple and I've made one before, and I felt like myself again after all the top-stitching! I chopped up and resewed two of the fat quarters from the Handprinted Fabric Swap from earlier this year and I like how it all turned out. I like the complete lack of pink, and I like the imperfections of the stamps. And I like the old sheet I used to line it with. And I liked how easy it was. Sometimes easy is nice.

apron dress
The orange pattern is by Susie, and the bunnies are by Anna.

Hurrah! Sewing and some photos! I just need to get the Bubble Dress photographed, preferably whilst on the child, but that might be setting my sights a little too high! :)

B.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I love how your little handprinted fabric dress turned out...so pretty!

motherof5 said...

Love your blouse!
I made the tiny size for my daughter,loved the pattern but I struggled with the instructions,I think I must have been a bit tired!
Yours is gorgeous!

Stacy Luce said...

What pattern did you use for the Ayeshe top?

lili ash said...

i absolutely love this ayeshe! the nani iro print is perfect- seeing this makes me want to go make one right now!

Unknown said...

Travel has meant a lot to me, so I see the Disabled Travelers blog as a way of giving back and saying thanks to all the people who’ve helped me go further than I thought possible. At the same time, I get to help all of you out there on the internet create the kind of unforgettable memories and life-changing experiences I’ve enjoyed.
check out here: Ozmates